The GY-91 consists of the barometric pressure sensor BMP-280 and the multiple-sensor package MPU-9255.
We use the GY-91 with an -communications interface.
The MPU-9255 is a System in Package (SiP) that combines two chips:
- MPU-6500, which contains
- a 3-axis gyroscope,
- a 3-axis accelerometer,
- and an onboard Digital Motion Processor™ (DMP™) capable of processing complex algorithms.
- AK8963, a 3-axis digital compass (magnetometer).
With the GY-91, the CanSat is able to measure
- air pressure with a sensitivity of ±0,12 hPa (equivalent to ± 1m) and a pressure range of 300 – 1100 hPa (equivalent to heights from +9000 m above sea level to 500 m below sea level).
- acceleration i 3 directions, where the full scale range of the digital output can be adjusted to ±2g, ±4g, ±8g, or ±16g.
- rotational speed around 3 axis, where the full-scale range of the gyro sensors can be digitally programmed to ±250, ±500, ±1000, or ±2000 degrees per second (dps).
- magnetic field strenght in 3 directions with a full scale range of ±4800 μT.
Data sheet for the MPU-9255 sensor package can be found here.
Data sheet for the BMP-280 pressure sensor can be found here.