Examples of CanSat secondary missions and sensores are
- Implement an airbag-system for safe landing
- data logging on onboard MicroSD card
- Advancet telemetry (two-way communication)
- Magnetometer for orientation measurements
- Gass-sensors (CO2 or other gases)
- Photo- or video camera (or 2 for 3D pictures)
An analogue 3-axis accelerometer and a on-board datalogger (openlogger) are already a part of the basic CanSat kit.
As an example of a gps module suitable for CanSat and Arduino-programming, we use the GY-GPS6MV2-module (U-blox NEO-6M-0-001) which is treated in the next chapter in this CanSat book.